Sunday, March 14, 2010

DID YOU CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS?

 (pic - "random" decorative ornament)

Daylight Savings Time 
T R I V I A

To keep to their published timetables, 
Amtrak trains cannot leave a station 
before the scheduled time. 
So, when the clocks fall back one hour in the Fall, 
all trains that are running on time
stop at 2:00am & wait
one hour before resuming. 
It's been reported that 
Amtrak passengers are often 
surprised to find their train at a dead stop
& their travel time 
an hour LONGER than expected. 

When changing to Daylight Saving Time 
in the spring, 
trains instantaneously 
become an hour behind schedule at 2:00am;
but they just keep going & 
do their best to make up the time.

REASONS
 to appreciate DST...
(DST = Daylight Saving Time)

1. I'm not driving home (from work) in the dark
2.  I exercise more in the Spring
3.  I can spend more time outside in the evening

to dislike DST...
1.  I have a hard time getting up in the morning
2.  I procrastinate more (see #2)
3.  Mosquitoes love me! (see #3)
4.  We eat dinner later!!! 

I'm thinking I should take an Amtrak ride 
to test this trivia fact...

Did you change your smoke alarm batteries?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...