Wednesday, August 25, 2010

OOOO! LA! LA!

La Maisonnette du Coteau ~ FRANCE

Still have the TRAVELING BUG, 
so
I've been "traveling" & reading
one of my favorite blogs,
STEPHMODO 

I've never met this blogger,
BUT
we both love to  
TRAVEL
we both use
RICK STEVE's books
to plan our trips abroad!!!

We relied on...
to plan our recent trip!


In case you missed our London adventures,
click
LONDON BLOG

We aren't interested in renovating
"anything" 
(especially a home in another country)

but you've got to read the
first entry on
 La Maisonnette du Coteau.

...it tells the story
behind the purchase of their
French cottage.
If you are like me, you'll be intrigued 
& want to see their 
renovation JOURNEY...

Beynac-et-Cazenac, Aquitaine, France, Europe
 their FRENCH cottage looks over
this castle & river!

ooo, la! la!

dreamy place to rent for a week
honeymoon? special anniversary? birthday?

I'll close with
my favorite travel QUOTE...

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
read only a page."
~St. Augustine, Ancient Roman Theologian


8 comments:

  1. Great quote! I love travel quotes. I'm am so going to check that other blog out when I have time. How cool is that to renovate a medieval cottage? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christine! From what I've seen, I'll tag someone before Friday and add their name/link on my Friday post. That way everyone knows where to go on Monday to find the next word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SE (actually - what does that stand for??) curious...
    If you could add these three people - they are some of the original participants & they also post the WeekWord even when they don't play.

    fruenswerk2.blogspot.com/

    hennniemavis.wordpress.com/

    artsyville.blogspot.com/

    this might get the word out easily...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were inspired Christine! We can't wait to get back...thanks to Rick Steves we discovered this adorable town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...to have a french cottage and the means to renovate it - pure bliss! Plus, I could practice my french. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. La Vie Quotidienne - I was thinking someday you could take a "girl trip" & stay in this cottage...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It stands for Sarah Elizabeth. So glad we have so many participants. I think we'll be getting quite a few Saturday posts this time around. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh... I love that name - sounds like a romance novelist....
    I posted late last night - but found I didn't actually hit the final post button. URGGHH..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...