Monday, January 9, 2012

WOLF MOON...


Tonight's the FULL MOON...
I have a meeting until 7pm, but will be checking out the moon, as soon as I leave the meeting.

Did you know the FULL MOON in the month of January
is called a WOLF MOON?

It was believed that medieval Europeans & Native

 Americans named the January moon for the howling

 from hungry wolves. As you can imagine, there

 are fewer food sources mid-winter and animals have

 difficulty finding something to eat.

Other names for this month's FULL MOON include

OLD MOON & ICE MOON

info: National Geographic
http://science.nationalgeographic.com/science/space/solar-system/full-moon-article/

TONIGHT I'm going to


on the beauty of the FULL MOON...

& Look

for the 

EXTRAORDINARY...



4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE taking photos of the moon- so you know where I will be this evening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! (I hope your heater is fixed...darn mice.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sure to check out the moon! I mean the WOLF moon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The moon was already gorgeous last night - I took some pictures at moon rise and again this morning, it was fabulous. And the wolf moon is so appropriate since we now have a wolf in CA.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...