Monday, January 2, 2012

PACKING 'EM UP...

All my SANTA'S are packed in tissue & put away! I took pictures of the NEW ones in my collection & thought I'd share them with you!


...got the "STEAL 'EM" Santa at a work party! Of course, because he's so adorable, I was the THIRD & final person to steal him ~ LUCKY ME!


He's got a great beard with a jingle bells on the points of his whiskers!


The other four ornaments were gifts: two from JPE (purchased in Big Bear this past summer) & two from ACE & her boyfriend.

Sleigh Santa & Bubble Santa from ACE & boyfriend!
Love Santa & Santa with a List from JPE...


I'll leave you with this quote from
:: John Greenleaf Whittier ::
an American Quaker poet &
advocate for the abolition of slavery!

(pssst! my hometown, Whittier, CA, was named after this poet;
& the town was started by a group of Quakers in 1887
)
"A little smile, a word of cheer, a bit of LOVE from someone near, a little gift from one held dear, best wishes for the coming year... these make a MERRY CHRISTMAS." 

Have you packed up your holiday decorations yet?

4 comments:

  1. Christine - I love your Santa collection. My holiday theme is snowflakes and trees. I usually leave up my decorations until after New Years but this year everything came down on Friday. I'm always a little sad when my twinkling lights are packed away but there is something wonderful about being surrounded by our everyday artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Santas - I love the bubble one. All my decorations came down yesterday. I love Christmas so much but once it gets to the new year I'm itching to move on. Happy new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collection of Santas. And so interesting your town was started by Quakers. I didn't know California had that bit of history.

    All my decorations have been put away. I love Christmas but when it is over I can't wait to take everything down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't decorate much this year, so my packing up (including help from Willow), only took about 20 minutes! I may decorate that way every year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...