Monday, January 30, 2012

SLEEP-LESS, BUT FOCUSED!

SYCAMORE MINERAL SPRINGS LABYRINTH ~ Avila Beach
"The way to get things done is not to mind

who gets the credit of doing them."

~ Benjamin Jowett, theologian, tutor, great MASTER of an Oxford College

I have the great fortune of working with colleagues who make me look way better than I really am! 


My right-hand partner {KA, I'm talking about YOU} understands when to "step-in" and take over a project ~ she has a keen sense in knowing when I'm at "the end of my rope" with "too many irons in the fire."


We are at the beginning of a period that is "labor & detail intensive" ~ so we've been meeting more frequently so we can "fine tune" our eight-week work plan! I'd say we're gaining our momentum, and we complement each other's work styles.  


And, while I'm talking about work, there's another gal that's a WHIZ with numbers. Without asking, she created a spread sheet of budget figures that will play a key role in a mid-February meeting ~ about a subject that's TABOO in relationships {love can't conquer all}, friends {even the true blue}, and colleagues! M-O-N-E-Y... Thanks, KB, for thinking ahead!


As for "sleep-less" ~ I've been having the most bizarre dreams {some are even in black & white} ~ the kind of dreams that make you wake up & have trouble falling back to sleep. They are full of details ~ which I attribute to my FOCUS on completing tasks at work! 


So, I just finished a warm mug of Ovaltine & a handful of animal crackers & now I'll pull my warm jammies out of the dryer & climb into our cozy bed & drift into a peace-ful & rest-ful night {with NO DREAMS}.


Nighty-night!
FOCUS = my ONE LITTLE WORD.
Read about it HERE!

2 comments:

  1. I just love this image..the never-ending circles of stones. And - it's good you could put your sleeplessness to good use - :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Focus is good . . . now, just UNfocus and let yourself drift away . . . .
    Sleep well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...