Sunday, November 11, 2012

SCAVENGER HUNT SUNDAY 11.11.12

KEEPING MY EYE ON YOU

We just walked in the door... JPE & I were in So California for Lana's Memorial Gathering yesterday. We got to see all three girls + Lydia (our granddaughter) & a lot of family... Took SLE to the airport this afternoon - she should be arriving in Washington DC any moment now.

Although I took my camera, I chose to visit with family, instead of taking photos. I hope I don't regret my decision? as for SHS, well this week's words are:  
NATURE, VINTAGE or RETRO, WHIMSICAL, COOKING & WEEK'S BEST.


NATURE
I feel like my hair looked like this last week... have a hair cut scheduled this week. Don't you love the way the sun magnified the beauty of the hairy, fluffy looking tendrils of this plant? Capturing the wonders of NATURE continue to be my favorite subject to photograph.

VINTAGE or RETRO
Pulled this photo from my archives. Do you remember window shade pulls? how about Venetian blinds? A vendor at Remnants of the Past Vintage Show had decorated some old apothecary bottles with gauze & window pulls. Very VINTAGE, huh?

WHIMSICAL
Pretty cute... of course I had to share a picture of this adorably WHIMSICAL dog. I'm not sure what the artist used as a frame or base for this piece of art. The dog was created with twisted ropes of old newspapers - I'll bet that took some time!! what a dedicated artist. Since we aren't home much, perhaps we should consider this breed of dog. I'm sure he doesn't eat much! or need to be exercised each day! but, it would be sort of difficult to cuddle with him on the couch.

COOKING
Okay, Mr Gobbler! You better hide. JPE & I are headed to Washington DC later this week. We'll be visiting SLE & MB for a week... and we'll be COOKING a Thanksgiving meal before we fly home on Black Friday (got a fabulous travel deal to fly home that day).

WEEK'S BEST
Well, I'm not sure this my WEEK'S BEST photo, but we had some of the best, most diverse weather this past week. From the high 70's with sunshine to several days of drizzly rain (more like dripping fog) with one day of rain. Reminds me, I gotta get new wiper blades.

With Veteran's Day (holiday for schools), this week is sure to fly by! Can you believe it is already November. I had thought I'd get a new banner up on this blog. I'll be on the look-out for photos while in Washington DC later this week. And, we'll be blogging about our adventures during our visit. So, stop back by.

And, to see some of the other SHS participant's photos... stop by Ashley's blog, RAMBLING & PHOTOS.

   

1 comment:

  1. That nature picture is stunning. I love the way the sun is shining though it and making it look so dramatic.
    I also collect vintage bottles. There is just so much you can do with them. I love what you've done with them. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...